Labels

Sonntag, 13. Januar 2013

Even more singing

Yes, more singing !
It won't be long now until the end of school and the start of the exams, but at the moment we still have a few concerts to prepare. It's now Monday the 29th of October 2012 and the week started for me with an Interval rehearsal of  Earth Song with Senior Chorale and the following Stage massed rehearsal with everyone involved in the Choral Extravaganza which I unfortunately had to leave every now and then to get changed to black for my Drama performance of "Blood Brothers" that evening and to check if it was already time for me to appear at that rehearsal.
Until 5pm we had our last Drama runthrough (SLOW !!!) with a bit of short feedback from Mr. Truman and pizza afterwards. And I still feel very unprepared as I'm sure everyone else does as well...
Our performace started at 6pm after many warm ups and group activities. Most of the time backstage I was reading and was not at all nervous !

my Drama class after a successfull performance

I think I acted my scenes quite good and will hopefully get excellence for it. My feedback was very positive, especially that my narrator is very creepy and clear to understand as it is supposed to be !
At home I get a bit stressed for I still have to learn the Magna pieces by heart for tomorrow (in japanese ???) and also Daniel asked me to sing 2 songs from his self-composed opera "Under the palm trees" (incl. a duet with Theo) at his concert on sunday ! But that doesn't leave me much time before the rehearsal tomorrow... STRESSING !!!
That will be a great week: I had my Drama performance today, Choral Extravaganza tomorrow, I'm going to a concert on wednesday, saturday I will play for the queen (everyone who wanted to, the music ris really eally easy !), on sunday is Daniel's concert and wednesday and thursday next week we'll sing in the Year 13 and 11 price giving... HOW ???

On tuesday we learn to brake and reincarnate bike chains in Outdoor Ed and afterwards  again I again went to a rehearsal at Interval with Bel Canto on stage.
At Lunch I attended a short rehearsal with Gabriel (he can't play the pieces yet !) and then to Magna on stage. After school Daniel rehearsed with us for his opera, Sophia comes for a short while and Grace and Theo, but Beth is sick. I learned a lot but I'll still have to practice a lot !!! I love the music of the two songs but the words are sometimes a bit funny ('My father is dying and he never taught me how to barbecue...' or 'The soft hair at the back of her neck excites me...' :D )...
After my singing lesson I biked straight to school at 6.45pm for the Choral Extravaganza.
Massed we sang "Dream with me" by Jackie Evancho, then Bel Canto  had its turn at the end of the first half (I think my solo went quite well and was loud enough as well ! I was a bit worried about that...) The 2nd half started with Magna Voce (not too embarrassing luckily and I could stand next to Ciara for first time !!!), then Senior Chorale before we ended with 3 massed items which we sang still in Chorale uniform.
That was my last real concert with Bel Canto !

with Mrs. Densem, conductor of Bel Canto and Senior Chorale

Mrs. Renaud, head of music

I woke up for the first period for Sophia's composition rehearsal and those few people who were there as well went to sleep in the practiceroom...
We danced in drama and went to sleep under the bright sun on the field instead of playing rugby with 11s...
In Bel Canto we learned 2 new pieces for a recording on friday of alternative anthems which were really quite easy but also nice and the school even got paid for it !
Mr Atlas is sick so Beth takes the SMP Masterclass for today, but Gabriel doesn't turn up (not that I wanted him to...) so only Julien sings and then we can go home.
It's too hot to go fencing today and I have to be ready for the concert tonight in time anyway and I need to learn Maths (we have an Internal Exam tomorrow) and rehearse Daniel's pieces...
I got picked up at 6.40pm by Beth and Hattie, and we drove to Cashmere church where Mr Atlas' wife gave an opera concert with Barcarolle, the Flower Duett, Mi chiamano Mimi, I could have danced all night, Habanera... It was really good and (what of course everyone asked me) she had a good pronounciation in german !
Many people were there, I even met Luke Di Somma, the conductor of the CYO, and he recognized me !
It was definitely a very nice evening.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen