Labels

Freitag, 22. Februar 2013

SMP recital

The following saturday I planned my party and unpacked the huge parcel with presents for my host family and friends from my mum. This evening there would be the SMP recital and Mr Atlas had invited many important people. At 4pm I had another rehearsal of "All I ask of you" with Theo and Han Sol before we had the soundcheck at 5. Afterwards I hurried home only to be back at 7pm with my whole family.
It really was a great concert !!! AMAZING !
My "Vilja" was quite good although Mr Atlas was really displeased with my fast tempo... But I hated to introduce myself. Originally I also wanted to sing "Love Never Dies", but I couldn't download the backing track in time. "All I ask of you" was very nice as well and Theo was quite funny in the introduction...
I suppose we did look funny singing it.
Ciara, Theo's granny and some strangers came to me afterwards for congratulations ! I can only repeat myself: It was an absolutely fantastic concert !After this special event I only woke at 12 the next morning... oh pardon, midday... so I just started with Lunch.
I studied some Maths for an hour before we left the house at 2pm. To the ferry  it was still an hour's drive. It was a very small boat compared to what Germans would think of and I could pay with my Metro card ! Only $2.10 !!! It was quite fast though and I stood outside so I got wet as well... Julia was a bit scared because it was her first time on the ferry, but she took it well and soon we reached Lyttelton harbour. From there it was only a 10minute walk with beautiful scenery of the hills and the sea.
I saw youths jumping/swinging into sea with a rope, girls lying on a ROOF to sunbathe, BOYS with flowers wreathed into their hair... Great ! If in Christchurch I would want to live here.
Our destination was the huge house of two members of Tim and Lisa's homegroup. Its sea-side was completely in glass to enjoy the view and the had chickens and a cute dog.





After dinner I studied with Tim's help and sang "All I ask of you" for everyone afterwards, but of course it wasn't nearly as good as yesterday.
And I believe I will never find a tenor as great as Theo !!!
Back home at 8pm I went on studying the whole evening for my Maths Exam... tomorrow.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen