Labels

Dienstag, 1. Januar 2013

Rehearsals, Shows and Parties

On Thursday the 18th of October 2012 we learned for our last topic in ODP how to change and repair MTB wheels.
Surprisingly easy...

Maja

In English we got a horrible poem about killing a boar and I just couldn't stand reading or analysing it so I was allowed to write about another one. Thank god, it was really a terrible one !
Afterwards we had a practice with all the choirs and reduced orchestra, it is such a strange feeling not to play and there are only 3 first violins left ! Ciara is pretty happy about singing with the orchestra instead of playing in it, but I was sad now the CYO rehearsals stopped as well... and now they play Thais what I did for my Solo Performance Exam !
In Music we only revise, at that day about Tchaikovsky's "Pathétique" before I went home to start drawing Claire's bday present picture, it shows a girl in blue-green with horn-headphones, perfect !
On Friday I got an invitation for the Performing Arts Award Ceremony next week and I had to buy one for myself for $6 although I will get a price !
We finished earlier with Bel Canto so that we had unusual free 10 minutes Lunch which I spend with Ciara, Claire and their friends.
Instead of ODP we had another massed rehearsal with the string octet and Claire (only brass instrument), Aurora Voices and Malestrom. It was quite fun although I don't feel prepared for the concert yet.
I also sang my LotR songs for the first time for Joanna, my piano teacher, whilst playing at the same time. That is so hard ! For the violin I got new pieces as well, now that I have finally finished Thais. They are much easier, but also faster and more rhythmic... but there is a whole page double stops which is pretty difficult !
I'm just home in time to watch the end of Marry Poppins before I started using Beth's metallic blue-green pencils for Claire's picture... to paint that will take me hours !
On saturday I got woken up at 9.30 to go with Lisa and the kids to Rangiora's A&P Show where one could see farm animals in far too small cages, bleeding sheep when men were shearing them in competition, distressed sheep when they were herded by dogs... :( I didn't like these sights, but other than that it was fun with a bouncy castle, slush ice etc.







After being back at about 2pm I got a book voucher for Claire and later 2 picture frames as well as a present for Julia and Johnny Depp's biography for only 3 dollars !
After several hours I finished my painting at 8pm.


   

When my family went on a train (for some of them it was the first time) I finished Claire's presents, played on my violin... Tim brought souflaki for Lunch and ginger beer and afterwards I started James's bday picture.
In the afternoon I biked to Claire's party (because of unsteady weather it doesn't happen in the botanic gardens but at her house), it didn't rain though... it was actually really warm !
It was a hat party like in "Alice in Wonderland" with tea and cakes before we tried to build playing card towers or invented funny stories.
In the early evening, back at home, friends came for a picnic. The father brought an air gun. I was also allowed to try to shoot with Tim and the dad at tins and bottles from about 10m distance and I was actually quite good ! I almost hit every time in lying or standing except when we began to go on to little tiny bottle lids... Wouldn't have thought it would be so much fun !!!
On Monday I finished James's painting, it actually looks a bit like him...
We also went to fly a huge helium clownfish balloon at Tims work with the remote control.

Fran

 Lisa

Tim


James

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen