Labels

Samstag, 5. Januar 2013

MTB and Awards

I got merit in violin exam ! JUHUUU !!!
Also I achieved one part of my maths exam and I could still get excellence for my O'Connor presentation...
Gabriel rehearsal at Interval.
Today, Tuesday the 23th of October, I played my first scene in Drama for the others of the class and am almost the only one to know my lines...  And our performance of the piece "Blood Brothers" is in less than a week!!! Because noone seems to be prepared for that yet we'll have to have an extra rehearsal on saturday for 3 hours. I only hope they will learn their lines soon because that would be important to everyone.
At Lunch I had another girl as my new Maths tutor, but she was also very nice and helped me a lot.
In the early afternoon we had a rehearsal for tomorrow evening, the Performing Arts Awards Ceremony, just learning how  and when to get up and down the stairs again...
Mr Petch helped me with violin composition before I went to the gym to meet the rest of my mountainbiking group after school. In the 30 minutes I almost fell asleep, but soon I got a hired bike and helmet and we started riding up a veeeery thin track. It was stony, had lots of mud puddles, with many tight curves and so steep at some places ! I was quite anxious at first, got off quite often at steep places without even trying to ride my bike over them. The way down was worse. The road was pretty exhausting and I had a feeling my breaks didn't work properly, but still I did not fall down once ! We met a few cows and lambs that were really cute ! It only started to make fun at the very end... I was pretty slow and probably the only one of them who hadn't been mountainbiking yet.
We were back at school at 6.15pm, I had cut both sides of my leg and it hurt quite a bit and began to feel a headache from too much sun...


On wednesday I went to a Magna rehearsal in Period 1 though I don't like the songs and simply am too tired. These songs were kind of boring, the sightreading easy, only  that we have to learn it by heart...
At Lunch I met with Andrew, James and Jordan to record my instrumentation. We had a few difficulties with getting everyone together and then to stay in time, but the 3rd recording was quite good. I got excellence for it!
In PMU we then got a new task: to perform a group piece next monday... great... will probably sing Barcarolle with Jacinta and Alice on the piano, and some violin piece by Schostakovitch with Theo and Chan Woo (piano).
I was back from fencing that evening at 6.10pm, got changed at once and after a hasty little dinner I was out of the house only 20 minutes after my arrival there.
At the Performing Arts Awards Ceremony in the Aurora Centre I was given a badge and certificate for having been a member of Bel Canto and for having won the Big Sing. Only because I haven't been here for at least two years now to earn these awards... but I am still pretty proud of my badge !!!


On Thursday I sang the "Barcarolle" for the first time with Jacinta and Alice, it's easy! Afterwards to the Tech Suite to correct the bowing of my instrumentation with Andrew's help.
My 2nd MTB trip started at the beginning of Lunch and I drove with Mr Finley's ODP class up to the "Sign of the Kiwi" somewhere in the hills. We biked a shorter tricky track 3 times and always had to bike up the road back to the vans. It was much trickier this time and got even more exhausting when we drove up to the very top of the hill to ride down again, My hands were so tired that I couldn't really use my breaks fully in the end and I rather walked some parts of the track... at least I didn't fall ! Scary...
On the way back I sat next to a Brasilian guy called Riccardo and we talked the whole time about playing a good piano... nice !
Back at school at 6.00pm, exhausted, I thanked our guide and walked home with the 2 other german girls.
I actually tried to make a German potatoe salad for the International Picnic tomorrow with waterless cucumber... till 12.30pm ! Wasn't the best result, but at least I tried !


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen