Labels

Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2013

Farewell Party

Thursday the 29th of November 2013 was going to be a very important day.
We had to wake really early for Lisa, Tim, Katarina and me were going horse riding at Rubicon Valley Horse Treks. There we were welcomed by 2 super cute collies who followed us everywhere and a little black cat. The (brown) horses were all lined up and waiting for us. They had been race horses and afterwards trekking horses.
After our self-evaluation I got Bo, the reddest of them all and a bit smaller than the others, but still pretty fast. We were out riding for 3 hours in the sunshine (there were only us 4 and 2 instructors). I was the most experienced in the group and was allowed to trott and canter. How I missed horse riding !!!
The most difficult part was walking up and down veeery steep hills between trees and mud and separate from the group for a short time.
After 2 hours we reached the top of a hill, looking down into a big canyon. It was a fantastic sight and we also got hot chocolate and scones. Lisa could barely walk after this ride and they all had muscle ache except me.
I enjoyed the ride a lot and was allowed to bring Bo to the paddock afterwards.










 
When we finally got home at 2pm I started preparing food and games for my farewell party that evening. Ciara joins Kata and me at 3pm and they were both a very big help ! She had also made a cute cake for me. I created some serviette roses and made punch, pizza, chips, fruit sticks and cheese and crackers...
Alice, Jacinta, Theo and Claire joined us at 4pm. I had prepared a game called "Zettelralley" (notepaper ralley ?) where the group is rolling the dice and has to look for the number they are on on the board somewhere around the house and garden. Then they had to answer a question and could roll again. It was really fun and a good way to get to know the house even better.
Unfortunately it started hailing later that evening so we were eating pizza and talking in the living room. Alice and Jacinta had to leave early, but Theo stayed till 10pm and we played a German game called "Zicke Zacke Hühnerkacke", charades and spoons
(with the whole family).
After talking till 1am Ciara and Claire slept in a tent on the porch (Ciara is allergic to cat hair) and Kata on a matress
in my room.



We woke up at 10am already. Leaving my friends alone for about 20minutes I went to the orthodontist for the last time
(I didn't have to pay anything except the $55 at the beginning of the year... strange).
When I came back we discovered that the matress that was in the tent got wet because someone had left the tent door open yesterday in the rain. So we had fun with towels and the fire.
Sadly all three had to leave between 12 and 2.
So that was my farewell... will I ever see my best friends again ?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen