Labels

Samstag, 18. Mai 2013

Plans for the future

Probably everyone, who has been in a foreign country for a longer time, wants to go back there. To remember all the joys of the past and meet your friends and host families again.
That is my wish, too. But then there are so many questions: Should I go in winter or summer ? Could I take my family or shall I go back alone ? Rent a car, take the bus or a caravan? B&B or youth hostels ?
There is so much planning to do and you have to start really early so that you are still able to pay the flights. It's all so so so complicated !!!

I have decided now, that I won't go back to school in NZ. It would have been great and I really wanted to have conducting as subject, but there would also be disadvantages. I would not have finished Year 10 in Germany nor get my A-Levels. I would have mostly taken musical subjects, but what if that doesn't work ? There wouldn't be another subject I could study. And to do History, Biology and so on in New Zealand would probably have been too hard.
That's why I will finish school in Germany.

Still I would go back anyday and stay there as long as possible. This exchange was a very Special Thing and it has probably changed my life.
I can only advise everyone to go to live in New Zealand for some time.
It will be your most wonderful time !
Oh, what I would give to turn the time back...

And I dream:
 
What can you see
On the horizon ?
Why do the white gulls call ?
Across the sea
A pale moon rises;
The ships have come to carry you home.
 
                                                                     Into the West, Annie Lennox
 
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen