Labels

Donnerstag, 10. August 2017

Hobbiton Movie Set

You might have guessed: The day I skipped in my last Post was of course the day that I finally got to see Hobbiton.
After a nice sleep-in I left for Matamata at 11.30am. I was so excited to finally come here, I even put some make-up on for the first time since I've been travelling! Just in case a hobbit might cross my path... We started out with a short bus drive to Alexander Farm and then followed the small and winding path past little and real scale hobbit holes, vegetable gardens, a lake and the big party tree. The details are stunning! The feeling was simply incredible although I must admit that the groups were rather big and we didn't have enough time at each location...
Right at the beginning we walked through the alley where Bilbo runs, crying "I'm going on an adventure!". Of course I had to reenact that movie scene in front of everyone, I couldn't miss out on that!








Have a look under this link for the original version from "The Hobbit 1":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgOt3gTUSQU

Above it all was Bag-End, Bilbo's and Frodo's home in all its glory. How I wish I could live there as well, it's all so peaceful!



Passing various other dwellings (including that of Samwise Gamgee) and the meadow where Bilbo celebrated his 111th birthday we reached the old mill. Further on, on the other side of the bridge, lay the Green Dragon Inn. Everyone on the tour got a free Cider, Ale or Ginger Beer and could enjoy this rural inn for half an hour. Of course I seized the chance, stood up on a chair and chanted Merry and Pippin's drinking song:

"Oh you can search far and wide,
You can drink the whole town dry,
But you'll never find a beer so brown
As the one we brew in our hometown.

You can drink your fancy ales,
You can drink them by the flagon,
But the only brew for the brave and true...
Comes from the Green Dragon!!!"

I even got some cheers for that! I just couldn't let that opportunity slip by.



Sam's home, he's visibly a gardener




The Green Dragon

Here's the link for the corresponding scene from "The Lord of the Rings 3":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gf39-AZ5bg

On the way back I passed a garage book sale and was given more than 50% discount after talking to the seller for some time. I was also very happy that he seemed to believe that I'm Irish so my German accent can't be too bad! Back in the hostel I enjoyed the hot spa before talking with a French and a German guy (also a musician!) until 2am. What a nice conclusion of an absolutely amazing day!

1 Kommentar:

  1. ...Fan sein beflügelt den Mut. Sehr schöne Fotos und interessante Reisebeschreibungen. Mich würde es auch einmal interessieren, wie du dich so in den Hostels oder Privatunterkünften fühlst, welchen Eindruck sie auf dich bisher gemacht haben. Tolle Einträge und ich bin gespannt auf deine Abenteuer. Miss you :;( Mama

    AntwortenLöschen