Labels

Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2013

My (sad) last school day

Already the last week of school has started for me (primary school is going on until the 20th of December). I'm so sad !!!
I met Mr. Mitchell who asked me to write a page in German about my stay here (also published in this Blog) and in PMU we had our little group performance. It wasn't our best performance and apparently I got too loud, but oh well. Theo improvisesdwith Bryan a first century rapand the whole class just cracked up laughing !!!
With Bel Canto I attended a shared Lunch where we gave Mrs. Densem flowers, wine called "Bel Canto" and a card and sang the Blessing. I don't think she was the only one who cried...

In Period 2 on Tuesday the 6th of November we had our last rehearsal for the Year 13 Leaver's tomorrow evening which mostly contained of sitting... The last Calculus lesson was quite fun (I was almost the only one actually trying to study for the exams !) In Outdoor Ed we started watching "Touching the void" about 2 mountaineering guys who in real life went up there, one of them broke his leg and when they both thought the other one dead the period was finished... great.
At the Spot we planned our little christmas party with secret santa (I had Laura) and straight after school I went to the Mall to get presents for her and Katarina.
And I also learned how to play "Waltzing Mathilda" on ukulele !
 
Following my usual wednesday sleep-in we finished our ODP movie, this film is so emotional ! (well, had to watch last 3 min. in tech suite at Interval...)
Mr. Petch was so nice to burn me a CD with my 2 compositions and the Instrumentation. Thanks a lot for that !
After SMP Mr Atlas offers to help me with my audition pieces, so GREAT !!! I am planning to audition for the Robert Schumann Hochschule once I'm back in Germany to get singing and theory lessons whilst I am still at school and later a secure place at the university. It would be so awesome to get in !
This evening I went to the supermarket to get crackers and a dip for tomorrow (orchestra Lunch) and then at 6.50 back to school. While waiting for our 1-song-performance for the Year 13 Graduation Ciara introduced me to "Angry birds" and "Cut the rope" on her tablet and time was going by fast enough.
The orchestra also played "Meditation from Thais", but in the programme they had printed "Medication"! So funny !!!
After quite a while we then sang "Shepherd's Pipe Carol"
and could go home where I showed the church-homegroup Daniel's opera recordings.

It is my last day at school today and I am really sad that I have to leave my favourite school and all my friends behind.
I forgot to make my Lunch yesterday so I had to do it in the morning as well as washing my hair because we'll have another concert tonight, but I am still almost in time at Form Class !!!
Because the Year 13s had left school already I had no maths and just walked through the school and took about 200 photos everywhere I could. In no subject did we still learn stuff !
There was an assembly in Period 3 for information about the NCEA exams and the next school year, I will miss everything so much !!!
Orchestra Lunch was in the M-Block quad and even the Year 13s came in again to say goodbye with many hugs and some tears.
Mr. Truman allowed me to stay with them for the whole next period instead of going to the Drama games (I only came in for a group photo) and also told me that I got Excellence for my Blood Brothers performance !!!
After looking back a few times I walked home very slowly.

At the Year 11 Pricegiving in the evening I sang the last time with Senior Chorale. We sat in the audience and watched till we sang Waltzing Mathilda and (instead of Fellerfrom Fortune because Seraphin, our piano accompanist, couldn't come) the beautiful Earth Song... a very good song to end my last concert....

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen