Labels

Sonntag, 24. März 2013

The Hobbit


Now, what was left to do ?
Finally I could get myself to start packing. I had avoided and dreaded this Moment for a Long time, I just didn't want to start thinking about leaving. Especially after I had had this nightmare about suddenly waking up in Germany without having said goodbye to anyone in New Zealand.
But tomorrow, on the 12th of December 2013, I would leave my dearest host Family.
So I started with my 2nd suitcase with only shoes, clothes and books and weighed 22,7kg ! Perfect ! But so hard to carry...
I went to my last piano lesson and I was very sad to say goodbye to my lovely teacher Joanna. I also finished my painting on the Fort so the Mitchells can always remember me !

My other suitcase with everything else in it had exactly 23kg. But I had to leave a lot behind like some books, School stuff and so on. Also I sent a little parcel home with presents of chocolate and honey and soap that I wasn't allowed to take with me on the plane.

2 suitcases, hand luggage, my violin, scales, jacket, laptop, 2 bags with presents... simply a lot !


my painting of the whole family


the Hobbit-game

After dinner I opened my presents: a Hobbit board game from Lisa, a self-painted Cup by Beth, a cute fat stuffed hamster from Julia, a painted pillowcase from all of them, nail Stickers and a shoe keyring from Katy and a photo in a golden frame by Tim.

A Little later I came to kiss the Girls goodnight for the last time and Tim brought me and all my stuff at 8.30pm to Ciara, where we both dressed up. Ciara glued elf ears out of tape on me and tried out Eowyn's hairstyle with a necklace on my brow. At midnight we went to Hoyts Cinema for the official movie premiere of "The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey". It was great !!! Though it isn't as dark and exciting as the Lord of the Rings it is really funny at times and the fact, that they make 3 movies out of one book, allows them to be very detailed and add scenes to the book.
Still the new Picture Speed made it a bit blurry at times...
And of course we were the only ones dressed up so much and were stared at, but I didn't really care.
I mean, isn't New Zealand Middle-Earth ?

Evenstar and Legolas-brooch

at the cinema


Eowyn's hairstyle slightly changed...

... and pointy ears out of tape.

Elrond's hairstyle, looks beautiful and takes a very long time.

I stayed at Ciara's that night. The next day we woke up early (why ?) and had a great banana berry smoothie for breakfast.
She tried Elrond's hairstyle today, but the ears hurt too much when I put them off.
Later thet day we went to Riccarton to renew Ciara's drivers licence and walked her dog Amber. In the evening we both went to Katy's ballett concert which was really sweet.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen