Labels

Mittwoch, 3. April 2013

Back at my German school

Although my parents had asked my old German School for my new timetable more than once, they didn't receive one. I was told to join a friend at her classes and then to decide myself which teacher I wanted to have.
So I went along to a French period on Monday morning, it was the 7th of January 2013.
I hadn't done any French for a few years and I dropped it for this year so I just sat there and did nothing really.
But instead of giving me free choice I got my timetable in the next break. So much to the good German organisation! So I went to all my future classes and many people greeted me and asked me about my stay in NZ, but I just didn't know what to answer. I couldn't just say "Great !" or something because that doesn't describe what I experienced in the last year.
What would they like to hear?
What was the best thing that happened to you? Do you miss them? Of course I do !!!!
Some teachers were really interested as well and it was quite nice to see who remembered me.

Recently the German school system has changed. Instead of 13 we'll only have 12 years of School now. In the last two years you have to collect points that lead to your graduation marks.
Being in New Zealand for a year I would have missed the first half of Year 11, but that's not allowed because I Need the points. So now I'm back in Year 10 again with new People and I hardly know anyone. In the breaks I still meet with the friends from my old year, but I don't really talk a lot in my classes.
Why is it so much harder to find new friends in Germany
than in New Zealand?
Luckily there are other girls who were in a foreign country for some time, Ireland, America or Canada for example. We started the tradition of talking in English to each other to not lose our ability to do so. It's great practice ! Although other students probably think we're crazy...

I miss my Burnside very much.
And I'm actually starting to think it a pity that we don't have school uniforms. Ok, they weren't so pretty and very uncomfortable as well, but somehow they changed the whole attitude to school for good. I can't really explain it. Anyway for a while I thought every student I saw that day was in Year 13 (Seniors didn't wear school uniform at Burnside High), but that would be impossible...

School hasn't changed a lot. The portait I painted 2 years ago is still on the wall along with the others, our library seems even smaller and more boring-academic, the computers don't have Sibelius to play or compose something, we're not allowed to play piano when we have free periods...
It's such an early start and a looooooooong day !

my Legolas-portait

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen